Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Category Manager is $82,349
What Do Category Managers Do?
A category manager determines the layout of products in a store, using sophisticated demographic data to assess possible product assortment schemes, select an option, ensure the selected scheme is employed, and monitor the scheme's performance. Along with organizing a product assortment scheme, a category manager also creates charts and diagrams so that the company's annual plans are broken down into seasonal and monthly assortment change calendars.
Along with dealing with product assortment, …Read more
- Manage, improve and recommend the product assortment for the company.
- Verify plans and provide explanations for variances in budgeted sales and gross profit.
- Identify leverage opportunities, work with procurement, negotiate contracts, supply agreements and programs.
- Develop annual category plans which include current situation analysis, vision and strategy and specific category plans.
- Narrow categories and work with suppliers to narrow products supplied to the company.
FAQs About Category Managers
What is the highest pay for Category Managers in New York?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Category Manager in New York is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Category Managers in New York?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Category Manager in New York is $NaN / year
How can Category Managers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Category Manager is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Category Manager that oversees more junior Category Managers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.