Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is $298,684
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Chief Medical Officer (CMO)s?
An entry-level Chief Medical Officer (CMO) with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $274,298 based on 9 salaries. An early career Chief Medical Officer (CMO) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $286,648 based on …Read more
What Do Chief Medical Officer (CMO)s Do?
Chief medical officers (CMOs) are responsible for leading and supervising all medical activities and professionals on behalf of their organization. They are in charge of developing initiatives to increase medical satisfaction, modifying service delivery methods, and researching current clinical trends and patient care methods to modify existing models. They communicate with suppliers, staff, and patients and their families to gather feedback to help improve service processes. These leaders also …Read more
- Supervise the doctors and manage the health programs at a medical facility.
- Attend meetings with the hospital's board of directors and administration to discuss hospital improvements, policies, procedures, or other matters.
- Provide training for new doctors, and keep medical staff up to date on facility regulations and procedures.
- Ensure the hospital remains in compliance with all government regulations, accreditation programs, and facility policies.
- Coordinate with doctors and administration to monitor the quality of and continue to maintain standards of care.