Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Chief Product Officer (CPO) is $192,226
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Chief Product Officer (CPO)s?
An early career Chief Product Officer (CPO) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $132,000 based on 20 salaries. A mid-career Chief Product Officer (CPO) with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $156,659 based on 33 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Chief Product Officer (CPO)s Do?
Chief product officers are usually people with extremely strong leadership skills. They manage product activities and businesses' goals. They also make sure that everything is being executed efficiently while they transform product ideas into well-developed products.
They greatly influence distribution, manufacturing and procurement. They take on the responsibilities of product strategy, design, marketing and, most importantly, the product vision. They also make sure that the post-launch …Read more
- Lead product conception, design, and strategy.
- Ensure the final product is functional and meets customer expectations.
- Coordinate with marketing and communicate product benefits to the public.
- Act as the face of the product and representative for the company.
- May be responsible for release management and production.