Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Chief Security Officer (CSO) is $148,741
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Chief Security Officer (CSO)s?
An early career Chief Security Officer (CSO) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $75,000 based on 11 salaries. A mid-career Chief Security Officer (CSO) with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $120,805 based on 15 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Chief Security Officer (CSO)s Do?
Chief security officers (CSO) are generally responsible for creating and maintaining a safe environment within a company, which involves ensuring protection of the company’s assets, information, and employees. They are also responsible for coordinating crisis/security management programs and efforts throughout the company and informing all employees of changes to the company's security policies.
Chief security officers usually report directly to the company's CEO or a president or VP of human …Read more
- Maintain procedures, standards, and policies to protect the privacy and integrity of data.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and security policies.
- Provide information and training regarding information technology and security systems.
- Develop contingency plans and manage security breaches.
- Supervise development and application of security procedures and protocols.