Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Clinical Research Manager is $78,037
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Clinical Research Managers?
An entry-level Clinical Research Manager with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $70,212 based on 12 salaries. An early career Clinical Research Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $70,064 based on 121 …Read more
What Do Clinical Research Managers Do?
The clinical research manager is responsible for managing the clinical research department and overseeing clinical research studies. Individuals in this position provide direction to clinical research associates on the development, management, and completion of clinical research studies. The clinical research manager is also responsible for quality assurance, compliance with regulations, proper documentation, and budgeting for the department. Training and recruitment of employees for this …Read more
- Analyze and develop study protocols to establish best clinical practice.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure efficiency within the clinical trial.
- Supervise, train and develop study team.
- Review, approve and oversee study budgets, contracts, regulatory and administrative documents.
- Develop timelines and negotiate deliverables to ensure a timely, on-budget study.