Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Commercial Banker is $95,523
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Commercial Bankers?
An entry-level Commercial Banker with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $50,365 based on 9 salaries. An early career Commercial Banker with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $63,526 based on 55 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Commercial Bankers Do?
Many financial institutions work with businesses and corporate clients in addition to individuals, and the person responsible for handling corporate clients is a commercial banker. These specialized bankers maintain and build existing relationships with business clients, while also actively marketing the institution’s services to attract new commercial clients.
For businesses, money management is an essential task. While businesses may leave large lump sums in accounts, most companies prefer …Read more
- Develop and expand commercial client relationships, as well as cross sell existing clients.
- Participate in the business development activities of the bank.
- Grow deposits, loans, and fee income in a profitable manner.
- Sell full range of commercial banking services to client base.
- Originate, negotiate, and close commercial loans.