Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Commercial Pilot, Jet is $97,659
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Commercial Pilot, Jets?
An early career Commercial Pilot, Jet with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $65,547 based on 26 salaries. A mid-career Commercial Pilot, Jet with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $88,475 based on 26 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Commercial Pilot, Jets Do?
While we may think of commercial airline pilots as the person on the other side of the microphone when we take a flight on a jumbo jet, in reality those jobs are at the top of the heap in this profession. Many commercial jet pilots fly for dedicated freight or shipping companies. Many others work for smaller regional airlines or charter companies also.
A commercial jet pilot will typically specialize in a few varieties of aircraft and become fluent and familiar with the operation of that …Read more
- Pilot a commercial jet in the transportation of passengers and goods nationally or internationally.
- Adhere to all safety standards and procedures.
- Provide high-quality customer service to flight passengers and crew.
- Monitor numerous factors, such as fuel, altitude, and weather conditions, adjusting flight plans accordingly.
- Inspect aircraft before a flight, ensuring that all components, electronics, and mechanics are in good order.