Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Commercial Pilot is $80,771
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Commercial Pilots?
An entry-level Commercial Pilot with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $58,958 based on 24 salaries. An early career Commercial Pilot with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $65,043 based on 112 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Commercial Pilots Do?
Most of the time, commercial pilots work for airlines. They must ensure that flight operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner. They must initiate preflight planning by analyzing the weather and checking aircraft performance. They must be competent. They must comply with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations at all times. They must also follow their company's safety guidelines and procedures. They must make sure they operate the airplane in accordance with …Read more
- Operate, monitor, analyze and appropriately react to all aircraft operational functions.
- Coordinate tasks to permit a number of functions such as flight fueling, loading and passenger handling.
- Maintain knowledge of assigned aircraft equipment type and current operational procedures.
- Safely, legally and consistently operate aircraft.
- Perform flight operations tasks including aircraft takeoff, climb, cruise, descent, approach and landing.