Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Dental Assistant Lead is $19.14
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Dental Assistant Leads?
An early career Dental Assistant Lead with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $17.60 based on 22 salaries. A mid-career Dental Assistant Lead with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $17.99 based on 28 salaries. An experienced Dental …Read more
What Do Dental Assistant Leads Do?
Lead dental assistants work with other dental assistants in a large practice or clinic. They are expected to handle all regular duties assigned to other dental assistants, but also handle supervisory and administrative tasks, such as developing staff schedules and handling time-off requests. They may also oversee aspects of customer service and handle patients' suggestions, feedback, and complaints. The lead assistant also acts as a go-between for dentists and dental assistants and shares …Read more
- Assist dentist during dental treatment procedures.
- Leads team in the dental services of the department.
- Monitor and prioritize workflow of the dental assistants.
- Maintain office records and supplies and schedule appointments.
- Teach patients how to practice good oral hygiene.