Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Development Officer is $54,633
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Development Officers?
An entry-level Development Officer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $43,067 based on 19 salaries. An early career Development Officer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $49,802 based on 274 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Development Officers Do?
Development officers are in charge of funding- and donor-related activities for their organization. They coordinate fundraising initiatives and collect current and prospective donor information. They cultivate professional relationships with individuals, foundations, and other agencies; they also provide continuous support to company marketing efforts.
Most of the time, development officers must use research databases to effectively identify possible benefactors; they document all donations …Read more
- Increase the number and quality of donor prospects through individual visits, research, donor database management and networking.
- Manage portfolio prospects, using focused strategic approaches.
- Work with marketing and program staff to customize materials for successful marketing and solicitation.
- Cultivate, solicit and provide attentive stewardship for philanthropic donors.
- Manage donor events, including identifying guests and coordinating organizational support for events.