Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Dining Room Manager is $42,965
What Do Dining Room Managers Do?
Dining room managers work in facilities which serve food to customers, such as restaurants, hotel, resorts, large corporate cafeterias, and other settings. They are responsible for ensuring that waiters, waitresses, and bussers are working efficiently, offering excellent customer service, and wearing appropriate uniforms.
Dining room managers may create work schedules for their staff members and call alternate employees when those who are scheduled to work are absent unexpectedly. They are …Read more
- Take reservations and plans dining room layout to accommodate predicted numbers of guests.
- Deal with customer complaints about food and service.
- Facilitate communication between the dining area and the kitchen.
- Hire, train, and supervise front of house staff, enforce dining room policies.
- Oversee customer service, making sure customers are greeted, their orders taken, and receive proper service.