The average salary for a Director, Product Development with Strategic Planning skills is $132,154.
Is Director, Product Development your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$98k - $159k
$10k - $24k
$106k - $184k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Director, Product Development
A director of product development has many responsibilities related to product development within their organization. Their main task is creating and then implementing a development strategy for their company. They are also responsible for the implementation of procedures related to product development. Directors of product development are also accountable for setting annual performance goals and conducting evaluations of the staff. In addition, they also need to develop and implement best pract…Read more
Director, Product Development Tasks
- Review new product ideas, present them to management, and work with other departments to determine feasibility.
- Determine the cost of production.
- Conduct market research to determine consumer needs and identify competitors.
- Ensure products are produced according to design, quality, and price specifications.
- Supervise product development process, coordinating department objectives and schedules.
Director, Product Development Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Director, Product Development
Skills that pay less than market rate include Design, Project Management, Product Management, People Management and Product Development.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 4 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$41k - $102k
$48k - $111k
$32k - $70k
$53k - $98k
$44k - $170k
$60k - $124k
$51k - $97k
$40k - $84k
$51k - $150k
$34k - $69k