Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Director Non-Profit Organization is $59,389 in 2023
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Director Non-Profit Organizations?
An early career Director Non-Profit Organization with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $51,484 based on 16 salaries. A mid-career Director Non-Profit Organization with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $56,530 based on 19 …Read more
What Do Director Non-Profit Organizations Do?
The director of a non-profit organization serves as figurehead, spokesperson, and leader for their organization. They are the point person for their entire organization, serving as its representative with the board of directors, media, staff, the public, funders, and regulatory agencies. As such, this executive manager plays several crucial roles. A non-profit director must be passionate for the agency's mission and be able to articulately express its vision and advocate on its behalf. The …Read more
- Oversee the programs run by the organization, manage daily activities, and coordinate the staff.
- Act as the organization's spokesperson, participate in fundraising, and represent the organization at events.
- Administer the organization's budget, making sure funds are used effectively.
- Develop and put into practice policies consistent with the organization's vision and mission statement.
- Attend board of directors meetings, report activities, request input, and discuss recommendations from the board.
FAQs About Director Non-Profit Organizations
What is the highest pay for Director Non-Profit Organizations?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Director Non-Profit Organization is $103k / year
What is the lowest pay for Director Non-Profit Organizations?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Director Non-Profit Organization is $37k / year
How can Director Non-Profit Organizations increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Director Non-Profit Organization is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Director Non-Profit Organization that oversees more junior Director Non-Profit Organizations, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.