Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Director of Special Education is $73,684
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Director of Special Educations?
An entry-level Director of Special Education with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $68,049 based on 7 salaries. An early career Director of Special Education with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $68,083 based …Read more
What Do Director of Special Educations Do?
Directors of special education are responsible for ensuring the academic and social success of students in special education programs. Those in this position must ensure that their services are meeting all needs of enrolled students and provide necessary support through staff, counseling, training, and additional education to see these successes.
Typically a DSE is employed at a district-level and supervises teams at multiple educational facilities. In these instances, they may split time …Read more
- Assist principles in implementing special education programs in compliance with government regulations.
- Oversee and administer the district budget for special education.
- Supervise the hiring and evaluation of district special education staff.
- Develop and enforce district policies regarding special education programs.
- Manage the special education programs run by a school district, determine curriculum and services, and evaluate program success.