Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Electronic Calibration Technician is $22.56
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Electronic Calibration Technicians?
An entry-level Electronic Calibration Technician with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $20.00 based on 5 salaries. An early career Electronic Calibration Technician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $20.74 …Read more
What Do Electronic Calibration Technicians Do?
Electronic calibration technicians are responsible for the inspection, testing, and maintenance of electronic equipment. They are employed in a variety of fields and industries, including software, telecommunications, healthcare, aerospace, factories, biotechnology, utilities, and telecommunications.
Those in this position generally work in indoor environments, and light travel may be required to test electronic equipment in the field. Formal education requirements vary depending on the …Read more
- Perform calibrations on assemblies with test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment to determine compliance to operational specifications.
- Use soldering equipment and hand tools to install electrical assemblies.
- Repair, alter, or calibrate assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications.
- Record test results in tracking database and/or written documentation.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and/or technical orders to determine specifications/tolerances, methods, and sequences of assembly.