Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Electronics Technician is $26.42
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Electronics Technicians?
An early career Electronics Technician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $16.28 based on 5 salaries. A mid-career Electronics Technician with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $27.23 based on 9 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Electronics Technicians Do?
Electronic technicians repair, conduct, and test a variety of electrical systems and products. When an electrical system is malfunctioning, these technicians must troubleshoot the system and repair it to a safe and working order.
Safety is an important concern in this position, as much of the work involves live electricity which can be dangerous if mishandled. All procedures must be carried out under the guidelines set forth by the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA). While …Read more
- Troubleshoot electro-mechanical assemblies to the component level.
- Develop and document test processes for electronic equipment.
- Perform minor soldering and electronic repair.
- Design and document minor electronics and cable assemblies.
- Utilize various electronic test equipment, such as meters, oscilloscopes and power supplies.