What Do Elementary School Teachers Do?
An elementary school teacher is a person whose career involves educating students, typically those in grades one through six. Teachers at this level normally do not specialize in particular branches of education. Rather, they work to teach fundamentals and lay down educational foundations across a variety of disciplines, including reading comprehension, writing, arithmetic, science, and history.
Elementary school teachers must possess outstanding patience and an aptitude and enjoyment for work…Read more
- Evaluate students and communicate progress with parents, guardians, and administrators.
- Plan, assign, and evaluate lessons, projects and tests.
- Maintain classroom discipline.
- Maintain accurate student records as required by laws and administrative regulations.
- Instruct elementary students individually and in groups.