Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Emergency Manager is $65,000
What Do Emergency Managers Do?
Having an on-staff emergency manager can be highly beneficial for a company, yet there are many companies that do not employ them. This is a rapidly-growing field, and is highly recommended for individuals interested in the conservation of assets. Emergency managers have a wide range of tasks and responsibilities, and are sometimes referred to as "disaster managers."
Those in this position are responsible for designing plans to prevent emergency situations and respond to such situations as …Read more
- Research companies and organizations' current needs.
- Maintains compliance with industry, national, regional and local regulations, standards and guidelines for emergency preparedness.
- Assist companies and organizations in meeting regulatory and auditing requirements around emergency management.
- Draft template plans, policies and procedures for companies and organizations.
- Provide technical support and assistance, and facilitation of plan development to companies and organizations in the planning process for Business Continuity, Emergency Operations, and Hazard Specific Response Plans.