Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Executive Director is $87,060
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Executive Directors?
An entry-level Executive Director with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $53,541 based on 47 salaries. An early career Executive Director with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $62,820 based on 874 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Executive Directors Do?
Executive directors typically act as senior managers of organizations and businesses. Their responsibilities and duties can vary depending on where these professionals work; however, most duties are universal. Executive directors help to design, develop, and implement strategic plans to help their company work in a cost- and time-efficient manner. They are also responsible for overseeing day-to-day activity for the company, as well as developing future plans.
The executive director is in some …Read more
- Direct and track operational budget decisions to increase strategic reach and report findings to the Board of Directors.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with the press, partners, the community and clients.
- Supervise department heads and conduct performance reviews.
- Develop, maintain, expand and promote departments, services and offerings.
- Analyze operations to enhance efficiency and meet strategic goals.