Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Facility Security Officer (FSO) is $69,842
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Facility Security Officer (FSO)s?
An entry-level Facility Security Officer (FSO) with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $55,063 based on 32 salaries. An early career Facility Security Officer (FSO) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $61,215 …Read more
What Do Facility Security Officer (FSO)s Do?
Facility security officers (FSOs) are in charge of managing security in their organization's facilities. They are responsible for creating a secure environment for employees, vendors, and company visitors. They manage daily activities regarding entry, video security, and other security devices. FSOs use a personal computer to log personnel and entry records, as well as review closed circuit recordings and provide functional support for physical security requirements. They manage access control …Read more
- Create and update security plans, procedures, and instructions.
- Maintain working relationships with government agencies.
- Participate in the development and execution of security education programs.
- Supervise daily security activities and enforce government and company security policies.
- Perform access control responsibilities including managing badges, access cards and visit requests.