Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Facility Security Officer (FSO) is $53,500
What Do Facility Security Officer (FSO)s Do?
Facility security officers (FSOs) are in charge of managing security in their organization's facilities. They are responsible for creating a secure environment for employees, vendors, and company visitors. They manage daily activities regarding entry, video security, and other security devices. FSOs use a personal computer to log personnel and entry records, as well as review closed circuit recordings and provide functional support for physical security requirements. They manage access control …Read more
- Create and update security plans, procedures, and instructions.
- Maintain working relationships with government agencies.
- Participate in the development and execution of security education programs.
- Supervise daily security activities and enforce government and company security policies.
- Perform access control responsibilities including managing badges, access cards and visit requests.