Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Financial Aid Director is $66,466
What Do Financial Aid Directors Do?
Financial aid directors are hired by various institutions that have financial aid departments; any operation that facilitates payment for products or services can be referred to as financial aid. These operations include offering grants, managing loans, providing payment plans, and determining eligibility for aid. The director of the financial aid department has to orchestrate all these operations by managing the existing financial aid programs and implementing new ones as needed.
Financial …Read more
- Manage the operation of the financial aid office and administer programs which provide financial aid to students.
- Prepare applications for private, local, state, and federal funding and coordinate department during audits.
- Provide information to students on aid programs, maintain student records, evaluate aid applications, and ensure aid is correctly disbursed.
- Propose and implement financial aid policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Hire, train, supervise, direct, and evaluate staff working in the financial aid department.