Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Fitness Center Manager is $40,102
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Fitness Center Managers?
An early career Fitness Center Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $37,453 based on 24 salaries. A mid-career Fitness Center Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $47,820 based on 10 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Fitness Center Managers Do?
Fitness center managers are primarily responsible for the management, administration, and leadership of a healthcare facility or fitness center/club. They are responsible for a variety of decisions and tasks, including hiring personal trainers, training new employees, scheduling shifts and rosters, overseeing day-to-day operations within the facility, maintaining the equipment and center in general, and demonstrating a regularly-informed knowledge of practices and technology in the fitness …Read more
- Direct all aspects of the fitness club, including membership, front desk, facility maintenance, classes, and programs.
- Set short and long term goals, plan future improvements and expansion.
- Maintain a positive relationship between customers and the fitness club through effective communication and outreach.
- Meet with department heads and owner to facilitate communication of objectives, needs, and concerns.
- Manage budget to maximize profits, overseeing the payroll and department expenditures.