The average salary for a Fitness Director with People Management skills in New York, New York is $60,000.
Is Fitness Director your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$49k - $73k
$0 - $12k
$61k - $83k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Fitness Director
Fitness directors are typically responsible for leading team of fitness and personal trainers and overseeing the facility's daily operations. Other tasks include auditing fitness programs for maximum effectiveness and scheduling shifts and tasks for employees. Fitness directors should have a strong background in finances in order to manage budgets and cost-control measures, and some may research and develop programs for children and the community as part of community outreach programs. Fitness …Read more
Fitness Director Tasks
- Develop, control and evaluate the fitness area budget, statistics, schedules and programs as well as purchase equipment.
- Assist with facility management and supervision duties.
- Ensure quality member service by identifying the needs and wants of members and participants as priority and respond to their concerns.
- Teach fitness classes and substitute for absent instructors.
- Recruit, supervise and train group fitness instructors, including volunteers, and conduct class observations.
Fitness Director Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Related Job Salaries
$41k - $102k
$32k - $71k
$28k - $55k
$34k - $69k
$12k - $43k
$24k - $47k
$28k - $53k
$33k - $68k
$33k - $58k
$30k - $60k