Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Food Service Manager is $47,769
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Food Service Managers?
An early career Food Service Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $46,739 based on 5 salaries. A mid-career Food Service Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $48,500 based on 2 salaries. An experienced Food …Read more
What Do Food Service Managers Do?
Food service managers work in most fields involving the serving of food, including fast food, fine dining, hotels and resorts, catering businesses, and similar business types involving the preparation and service of prepared foods. In smaller settings, they often are responsible for overseeing the work of all kitchen and service employees. In larger settings, they often work with other managers to ensure smooth overall operation of the business or establishment. Generally, the food service …Read more
- Count money and make bank deposits, monitor financial transactions.
- Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
- Monitor food preparation to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
- Ensure customer service regarding food quality, service or accommodations.