Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a General Manager, Food Service is $11.79
What is the Pay by Experience Level for General Manager, Food Services?
An early career General Manager, Food Service with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $11.25 based on 6 salaries. An experienced General Manager, Food Service with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $15.75 based on 5 salaries.
What Do General Manager, Food Services Do?
General managers in the food service field work in places such as cafes, restaurants, and cafeterias, and at least a few years of experience in the industry, and in management, are generally required for this position.
Food service general managers must strive to offer excellent food and quality service to customers and should have in-depth knowledge of service standards, hygiene practices, recipes, and food preparation. They should be able to lead by example and motivate their teams of …Read more
- Implement efficient food service operations, appropriate cost controls, marketing programs and profit management.
- Oversee maintenance of equipment, facility and grounds through the use of a preventative maintenance program.
- Oversee day-to-day operations.
- Ensure OSHA, local health and safety codes and company safety and security policies are met.
- Ensure food quality and customer satisfaction.