Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a General Manager, Restaurant or Night Club is $49,382
What Do General Manager, Restaurant or Night Clubs Do?
A general manager of a restaurant or night club is usually the highest-ranking manager at these businesses. They typically have other managers, supervisors and/or team leaders who report to him or her. General managers typically focuses on "bigger-picture" issues related to business strategy and policy, but they also work to ensure that day-to-day operations are functioning as needed and offer assistance and guidance when necessary.
For most restaurants and nightclubs, the general manager sets …Read more
- Develop operational, marketing, and business plans in conjunction with owners or board of directors.
- Estimate food and supply needs, oversee the placement of orders.
- Hire, train, and supervise managers and staff.
- Manage the budget, administer payroll, and make sure operations remain within budget.
- Establish and enforce standards and regulations for personnel, administration, entertainment, and food.