The average salary for an Experienced General Manager in Austin, Texas is $66,950.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do General Managers Do?
The position of a general manager requires leadership qualities and the ability to oversee a business and lead a team of employees. General manager positions can vary greatly, as most places of employment require some sort of management position, but the job's main requirements are the ability to run various tasks throughout the day, motivate others, and be responsible for a team of staff.
Depending on the employer, most general managers work indoors in an office setting doing paperwork, creati…Read more
General Manager Tasks
- Plan, develop and implement the operational strategies and tactics.
- Ensure adequate management training and development to provide for management succession.
- Direct and lead staff in developing strategies to accomplish objectives approved by ownership.
- Plan, control, communicate and implement procedures and processes for the overall efficient operations of the business.
- Lead and direct executive management team in the development, production, promotion of products and services.
General Manager Job Listings
What is the Pay by Experience Level for General Managers?
A mid-career General Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $67,500 based on 5 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $51,000.
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with General Manager in their job title in Los Angeles, California earn an average of 46.4% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in New York, New York (25.5% more) and Chicago, Illinois (24.8% more). The lowest salaries can be found in St. Louis, Missouri (15.0% less), Houston, Texas (3.5% less) and Dallas, Texas (2.4% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 10 survey responses.
More Cities for General Manager