The average salary for a General Manager with People Management skills in San Francisco, California is $75,076.
Is General Manager your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$68k - $120k
$2k - $68k
$72k - $130k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for General Manager
The position of a general manager requires leadership qualities and the ability to oversee a business and lead a team of employees. General manager positions can vary greatly, as most places of employment require some sort of management position, but the job's main requirements are the ability to run various tasks throughout the day, motivate others, and be responsible for a team of staff. Depending on the employer, most general managers work indoors in an office setting doing paperwork, creati…Read more
General Manager Tasks
- Plan, develop and implement the operational strategies and tactics.
- Ensure adequate management training and development to provide for management succession.
- Direct and lead staff in developing strategies to accomplish objectives approved by ownership.
- Plan, control, communicate and implement procedures and processes for the overall efficient operations of the business.
- Lead and direct executive management team in the development, production, promotion of products and services.
General Manager Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for General Manager
Skills in Operations Management, Sales Management and Team Leadership are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Budget Management and Customer Service.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with General Manager in their job title in New York, New York earn an average of 15.7% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Denver, Colorado (3.8% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Los Angeles, California (21.1% less), St. Louis, Missouri (19.1% less) and Chicago, Illinois (18.1% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$41k - $102k
$33k - $68k
$28k - $55k
$32k - $71k
$12k - $43k
$28k - $53k
$48k - $111k
$34k - $69k
$24k - $74k
$38k - $78k