Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a High School Principal is $92,655
What is the Pay by Experience Level for High School Principals?
An entry-level High School Principal with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $67,249 based on 12 salaries. An early career High School Principal with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $83,697 based on 82 salaries. …Read more
What Do High School Principals Do?
High school principals are responsible for all aspects of the administration of a high school. They provide leadership and are the final authority within their institution. They provide educational planning by assessing and updating the curriculum, as well as supervise teachers and give feedback regarding performance. High school principals make priority decisions regarding various departments and funding options, in line with budgetary constraints. At all times, they must seek to improve …Read more
- Oversee school administration, curriculum, programs, services, and resources.
- Communicate school goals, vision, and needs to teachers, parents, the community, and school board.
- Establish academic and behavioral standards for students and administer student discipline.
- Ensure compliance with all laws, implement emergency plans, and establish safety regulations.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate school teaching staff, administrative staff, kitchen staff, and custodians.