Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Information Technology (IT) Instructor is $71,216
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Information Technology (IT) Instructors?
An early career Information Technology (IT) Instructor with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $58,435 based on 18 salaries. A mid-career Information Technology (IT) Instructor with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $62,393 based …Read more
What Do Information Technology (IT) Instructors Do?
Information technology (IT) instructors teach IT-related skills to students in academic institutions. As such, extensive experience with and knowledge of information technology are necessary for this position, as is a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a field related to management information systems. Prior experience and certifications such as MCSA, CCNA, and A+ certification are also helpful.
Prior experience in teaching and the ability to work well with students are highly beneficial for IT …Read more
- Deliver classroom instruction, including lectures, exercises and laboratories.
- Attend and participate in trainings, meetings and policy and strategy gatherings.
- Communicate facility, curriculum and student problems.
- Create, disseminate and update instructional strategies, curriculum and problems.
- Evaluate and grade student work, including answering questions and providing career guidance.