The average hourly pay for a Mid-Career Information Technology Specialist with Help Desk / Desktop Support skills in Spokane, Washington is $18.50.
Information Technology Specialist by
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Information Technology Specialists Do?
Information technology specialists work closely with a variety of technology products, from their design to regular repair and upkeep. They generally provide their services as-needed for their companies regarding software, hardware, and databases and, depending on a specialist's skill, he/she may also create entire databases and programs for either individual or corporate needs.
It is not uncommon for these specialists to train other employees in information technology (IT), such as corporate e…Read more
Information Technology Specialist Tasks
- Maintain, manage, troubleshoot and upgrade computer systems and servers for performance and security related issues.
- Provide end-user support for a variety of web applications.
- Troubleshoot information technology-related issues for both hardware and software.
- Coordinate the set-up of data services, as well as phone, computer, and printer installation.
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, and maintenance of all information technology products.
Information Technology Specialist Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Information Technology Specialists?
Skills that pay less than market rate include Network Support, Network Management / Administration, System Administration, Help Desk / Desktop Support (Tier 2) and Information Technology (IT) Support.
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Information Technology Specialist in their job title in New York, New York earn an average of 37.7% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Dallas, Texas (36.4% more) and St. Louis, Missouri (27.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Charlotte, North Carolina (24.5% less), Columbus, Ohio (19.9% less) and Tampa, Florida (5.2% less).
More Cities for Information Technology Specialist