Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Information Technology Specialist is $51,440
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Information Technology Specialists?
An entry-level Information Technology Specialist with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $44,050 based on 52 salaries. An early career Information Technology Specialist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of …Read more
What Do Information Technology Specialists Do?
Information technology specialists work closely with a variety of technology products, from their design to regular repair and upkeep. They generally provide their services as-needed for their companies regarding software, hardware, and databases and, depending on a specialist's skill, he/she may also create entire databases and programs for either individual or corporate needs.
It is not uncommon for these specialists to train other employees in information technology (IT), such as corporate …Read more
- Maintain, manage, troubleshoot and upgrade computer systems and servers for performance and security related issues.
- Provide end-user support for a variety of web applications.
- Troubleshoot information technology-related issues for both hardware and software.
- Coordinate the set-up of data services, as well as phone, computer, and printer installation.
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, and maintenance of all information technology products.