Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Instructional Technology Specialist is $52,106
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Instructional Technology Specialists?
An entry-level Instructional Technology Specialist with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $45,978 based on 5 salaries. An early career Instructional Technology Specialist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of …Read more
What Do Instructional Technology Specialists Do?
Instructional technology specialists are responsible for conducting instructional technology activities for their organization. These professionals are in charge of training and teaching staffs or individuals different technology concepts and topics. They are experts in their field and have specialties in specific technology matters. In addition, they possess strong communication abilities to explain said concepts in a clear and concise manner.
One of their main responsibilities is …Read more
- Assist different types of learners such as advanced learners, learners with disabilities and English-as-Second-Language, using computer technology.
- Integrate computer technologies (hardware & software) into the curricula of various school grade levels from elementary school to college.
- Keep current on emerging technologies and make recommendations to the education organization.
- Develop and deliver face-to-face or online training programs to faculty and students.
- Identify technology training needs of faculty and students.