Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Intelligence Officer is $90,687
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Intelligence Officers?
An entry-level Intelligence Officer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $68,009 based on 7 salaries. An early career Intelligence Officer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $64,469 based on 25 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Intelligence Officers Do?
Intelligence officers are typically hired by governments, usually by defense or intelligence-gathering departments; however, private contractors hired by the government may also employ these professionals. Intelligence officers often spend much of their time doing office work and analysis, spending comparatively little time in the field. Intelligence officers are frequently distinguished from field operatives or agents in that they are not necessarily specifically charged with gathering …Read more
- Collect and analyze imagery using photogrammetry and terrain analysis.
- Serve as an intelligence advisor/resource to other units.
- Utilize a variety of tools, equipment, vehicles to collect intelligence.
- Control collection operations and interviews.
- Coordinate and participate in various counterintelligence investigations, operations and production.