Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Intervention Specialist is $41,078
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Intervention Specialists?
An entry-level Intervention Specialist with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $35,270 based on 35 salaries. An early career Intervention Specialist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $39,001 based on 219 …Read more
What Do Intervention Specialists Do?
Intervention specialists work in classrooms and oversee the education, development, and management of persons with learning disabilities, emotional disturbances, cognitive disabilities, autism, hearing, visual, or other sensory impairments, and a variety of other conditions. Specialist roles are usually split between three licensed areas: early childhood (ages three to grade 3,) mild to moderate (kindergarten through grade 12) and moderate to intensive (kindergarten through grade 12.)
Job …Read more
- Establish and maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and child development.
- Develop appropriate student IEPs with measurable and obtainable goals based on data provided through the Multi-Factored Evaluation (MFE) and/or Evaluation Team Report (ETR).
- Maintain accurate classroom records, including grades, attendance, and behavioral records.
- Design, implement, and track progress of interventions for academic and behavioral goals.
- Develop lesson plans that employ a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and capabilities of each student.