Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Investment Banker is $86,785
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Investment Bankers?
An entry-level Investment Banker with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $82,246 based on 7 salaries. A mid-career Investment Banker with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $135,000 based on 8 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Investment Bankers Do?
When companies, organizations, or government entities need to raise capital, one of the best ways to do so is to turn to the services of an investment banker. Investment bankers are the highly skilled professionals at financial institutions who examine an entity's financial health, capital needs, and goals. Then they recommend a strategy to improve or manifest them. The investment banker then acts as a go-between for the organization looking to raise money and those looking to make financial …Read more
- Assist companies, organizations, governments and their agencies in raising public or private money through debt and/or equity.
- Construct fully integrated, detailed financial models to support Merger and Acquisitions (M&A) transactions and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) communications.
- Perform valuation analyses using various methodologies such as trading and transaction comparisons (comps), discounted cash flow and leveraged buyout (LBOs).
- Conduct industry and company research to engage clients and develop new business.
- Participate and manage all stages of the transaction process from opening pitch to closing investment contract(s).