Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Logistics Analyst is $61,962
What Do Logistics Analysts Do?
Logistics is a catch-all term used by businesses to describe the means by which they get their goods or services to market. A logistics analyst studies all aspects of this supply chain, from manufacturing capacities to storage facilities (and, with perishable goods, shelf life) to shipping and distribution. Usually, logistics analysts are employed by larger companies, which charge them with adjusting the supply chain in such a way that it operates at peak efficiency.
A logistics analyst's …Read more
- Support negotiations with vendors, carriers and suppliers, providing information and analyses as needed.
- Maintain databases, including their structure, input, and accuracy.
- Conduct data mining and data analysis to find trends, patterns and opportunities.
- Collect data from internal and external sources, verifying its accuracy.
- Analyze carrier bids, rates, costs, and tariffs to identify savings or best options.