Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Mailroom Supervisor is $16.94
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Mailroom Supervisors?
An early career Mailroom Supervisor with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $16.09 based on 52 salaries. A mid-career Mailroom Supervisor with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $17.00 based on 43 salaries. An experienced Mailroom …Read more
What Do Mailroom Supervisors Do?
Mailroom supervisors oversee work activities within a mailroom and also train new mail employees. They must be able to sort and place mail in the correct locations for mailmen to deliver, and they also process outgoing shipments and reorder office supplies whenever necessary. Many mailroom supervisors also add postage to packages to be delivered and scan and make copies of items that customers need to mail.
Communication and multitasking skills are important in this position, and computer …Read more
- Supervise mailroom staff, evaluating, and setting schedules.
- Evaluate and choose outgoing mail service providers and appropriate packaging for delivery.
- Develop, improve, and disseminate department analytics.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, standardizing the process for all staff.
- Negotiate with vendors to ensure postage, packing supplies, and other goods are available and competitively priced.