Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Maintenance Supervisor is $67,407
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Maintenance Supervisors?
An experienced Maintenance Supervisor with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $69,634 based on 4 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $0.
What Do Maintenance Supervisors Do?
Maintenance supervisors handle many different areas of home or business repair, such as plumbing, electricity, ventilation, air conditioning, and other building systems. They are responsible for evaluating problematic systems and determining what repairs need to be performed. Supervisors are also in charge of hiring workers, and assigning duties and responsibilities; the supervisor may provide training on equipment and procedures used in a building or complex. Additional duties include …Read more
- Keep the building in a clean and orderly condition by examining the building on a regular basis for needed repairs, maintenance, and cleanliness.
- Supervise maintenance staff and outside contractors.
- Supervise maintenance of landscaping and upkeep of grounds equipment.
- Perform or arrange for general building and fixture repairs.
- Supervise all general building maintenance.