Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Manager, Underwriting is $96,141
What Do Manager, Underwritings Do?
An underwriting manager manages the process of ascertaining client eligibility; that is, they supervise the employees who work directly with clients to assess whether or not they are qualified to receive the company's product. The manager might also work directly with clients. Most often, underwriting refers to the business conducted by financial institutes such as banks, credit unions, and other lenders; underwriting is also common in the insurance and real estate industries. An underwriting …Read more
- Recruit, manage, train, and evaluate the underwriting staff.
- Assist in the development of agency objectives and budgets.
- Establish key contacts and positive relationships with customers.
- Respond to requests from loan officers and underwriters, and serve as the technical expert on issues such as risk analysis, rate development, and general underwriting responsibilities.
- Manage the profit, growth, and retention of assigned business segments, and develop and oversee account earning plans.