The average pay for a Materials Manager in Rochester, New York is $21.47 per hour.
Job Description for Materials Manager
The materials manager oversees the intake and distribution of all components and materials used by organizations. They are responsible for delegating tasks to subordinates and overseeing the completion of these tasks. The materials manager also maintains inventory levels to meet demand, as well as oversees purchasing and the shipping and receiving process. The materials manager must create and maintain relationships with suppliers. This incudes scheduling regular audits of the approved suppliers and materials. They maintain proper documentation and must have excellent record-keeping skills. The materials manager also oversees employee training and the documenting training performance.Read More...
This job primarily is performed in a warehouse environment with infrequent, light travel as needed. The materials manager typically works during a business' regular hours, although overtime may be needed depending on shipping dates and times. This position can be found in may different fields, such as biotechnology, utility companies, hospitals, medical device companies, large-scale food operations, and aerospace systems.
A management background is a must for materials manager. Previous experience in shipping and receiving, logistics, and inventory control are also required. A working knowledge of the business' industry also is a huge plus. (Copyright 2019 PayScale.com)
- Manage supplier relationships, lead negotiations, and track quality, price, and delivery metrics.
- Modify processes and procedures for shipping, receiving, transport, and inventory control to reduce waste and increase throughput.
- Document and analyze all materials quality, movement, and use.
- Maintain inventory accuracy and turnover to allow production.
- Ensure that inventory is available and distributed across the organization to meet performance goals.
Materials Manager Job Listings
Key Stats for Materials Manager