Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Mechanic Aircraft is $21.12
What Do Mechanic Aircrafts Do?
Aircraft mechanics typically work closely with other aircraft staff to keep them informed of a given plane's status. They often perform repairs on aircraft that have been damaged during flight, as well as general maintenance depending on what a plane may need. They also keep an eye on parts which are known to break easily, and generally maintain the aircraft's electrical, mechanical and structural integrity.
Aircraft mechanics also use numerous devices which measure how well the aircraft can …Read more
- Examine and inspect aircraft components to locate problems.
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications.
- Perform preflight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections.
- Maintain, repair, and rebuild aircraft structures, functional components, and parts.
- Maintain repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective aircraft maintenance.