The average salary for a Medical Affairs Director with Strategic Planning skills is $193,195.
Is Medical Affairs Director your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$132k - $225k
$5k - $50k
$0 - $19k
$134k - $268k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Medical Affairs Director
Medical affairs directors work with a wide range of departments to execute medical affairs strategies within their organization. Common daily tasks in this position include coordinating and communicating efforts among divisions, working with stakeholders to ensure goals are met, creating specific objectives and strategies to achieve those goals, and overseeing budget details. This position also includes include working with scientists and medical researchers to find new products and/or treatment…Read more
Medical Affairs Director Tasks
- Provide day-to-day leadership to clinical and medical staff.
- Provide staff and scientific community with excellent educational materials and tools.
- Oversee medical review process and approve promotional material for new products.
- Maintain and nurture relationships with thought leaders and external experts, working toward common scientific objectives.
- Work with medical affairs and other departments to align medical affairs goals with other teams and efforts.
Explore the most common career paths for Medical Affairs Director. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
Medical Affairs Director
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Medical Affairs Director Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Medical Affairs Director
Skills in Oncology are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Project Management, Strategy, Team Leadership and Clinical Research.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 9 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$41k - $102k
$48k - $111k
$32k - $70k
$51k - $97k
$44k - $170k
$51k - $150k
$40k - $83k
$42k - $76k
$53k - $98k
$55k - $125k