Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Medical Affairs Director is $176,644
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Medical Affairs Directors?
An entry-level Medical Affairs Director with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $152,563 based on 9 salaries. An early career Medical Affairs Director with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $163,940 based on 24 …Read more
What Do Medical Affairs Directors Do?
Medical affairs directors work with a wide range of departments to execute medical affairs strategies within their organization. Common daily tasks in this position include coordinating and communicating efforts among divisions, working with stakeholders to ensure goals are met, creating specific objectives and strategies to achieve those goals, and overseeing budget details. This position also includes include working with scientists and medical researchers to find new products and/or …Read more
- Provide day-to-day leadership to clinical and medical staff.
- Provide staff and scientific community with excellent educational materials and tools.
- Oversee medical review process and approve promotional material for new products.
- Maintain and nurture relationships with thought leaders and external experts, working toward common scientific objectives.
- Work with medical affairs and other departments to align medical affairs goals with other teams and efforts.