Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Medical Director, Psychiatry is $256,041
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Medical Director, Psychiatries?
An early career Medical Director, Psychiatry with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $237,000 based on 9 salaries. A mid-career Medical Director, Psychiatry with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $255,117 based on 21 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Medical Director, Psychiatries Do?
A medical director of psychiatry is responsible for the direction and oversight of psychiatric evaluations, medications, and medical management, as well as leadership of a treatment team. Those in this position must also direct performance-improvement activities and serve as advocates for the needs and rights of both team members and patients. This job is typically indoors, as these directors work in hospitals and other care facilities.
Those in this position should have limited contact with …Read more
- Manage and oversee daily clinical and administrative operations.
- Attend and present at meetings with other departments and area groups and agencies.
- Provide patient care and follow up services, including assessing patient care plans.
- Develop and implement behavioral health and recovery services and systems.
- Develop, evaluate, approve and revise clinical policy and protocols.