Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Merchandise Supervisor is $15.44
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Merchandise Supervisors?
An entry-level Merchandise Supervisor with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $14.00 based on 5 salaries. An early career Merchandise Supervisor with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $14.73 based on 39 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Merchandise Supervisors Do?
The primary goal of a merchandise supervisor is to maximize revenue from merchandise in a sales environment. This supervisor must have a keen eye for presenting merchandise in the best way possible to achieve and exceed sales goals. This requires the ability to know what customers are looking for and what they find appealing. They need to grab the attention of customers that did not come into the store with the intent of buying a specific item. The job involves persuading people to look at, …Read more
- Manage the product inventory at a retail establishment.
- Provide customer service, answer questions, and process customer transactions.
- Decide the quantity of merchandise to stock and give instructions to buyers.
- Determine appropriate pricing for products based on financial objectives.
- Report inventory levels and problems to management.