The average salary for a Late-Career Network Technician with Windows Server 2008 R2 skills is $62,000.
Is Network Technician your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$0 - $62k
$0 - $3k
$0 - $60k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Network Technician
Network technicians work with vendors, programmers, and customers to aid with installation and troubleshooting needs. Some other key tasks that network technicians perform include (but are not limited to): troubleshooting hardware, software and network problems; configuring and installing operating systems; training users; installing and troubleshooting network cable infrastructure; and writing scripts and creating files to enhance operating systems. Network technicians should possess the follow…Read more
Network Technician Tasks
- Maintain the LAN which includes daily monitoring for system failures, performing daily data backups and network performance tracking.
- Diagnose wiring problems and resolve them.
- Prepare price quotes for customers for standard PC hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- Analyze problems and define solutions for existing network issues.
- Respond to troubleshoot and repair failures preventing customer access to critical applications throughout the organization.
Network Technician Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Network Technician
Skills in Network Support, Troubleshooting, Network Management / Administration, Cisco Networking and Telecommunications are correlated to pay that is above average.
Pay by Experience Level for Network Technician
An early career Network Technician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $40,778 based on 50 salaries. A mid-career Network Technician with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $46,017 based on 28 salaries. An experienced Network Technician with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $53,000 based on 20 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 98 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$15 - $37
$17 - $51
$12 - $22
$15 - $45
$8 - $12
$8 - $15
$12 - $25
$10 - $22
$14 - $30