Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Network Technician is $44,000
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Network Technicians?
An early career Network Technician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $38,001 based on 20 salaries. An experienced Network Technician with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $50,500 based on 16 salaries.
What Do Network Technicians Do?
Network technicians work with vendors, programmers, and customers to aid with installation and troubleshooting needs. Some other key tasks that network technicians perform include (but are not limited to): troubleshooting hardware, software and network problems; configuring and installing operating systems; training users; installing and troubleshooting network cable infrastructure; and writing scripts and creating files to enhance operating systems. Network technicians should possess the …Read more
- Maintain the LAN which includes daily monitoring for system failures, performing daily data backups and network performance tracking.
- Diagnose wiring problems and resolve them.
- Prepare price quotes for customers for standard PC hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- Analyze problems and define solutions for existing network issues.
- Respond to troubleshoot and repair failures preventing customer access to critical applications throughout the organization.