Office Helper Salary
An Office Helper earns an average wage of $12.48 per hour.
Job Description for Office Helper
Being an office helper will require you to do all sorts of tasks. There really is no way to know what your day-to-day plan will be, as you will just need to do whatever the others in your office need help with on that day. Depending on what business the office is in, you may have any number of different tasks in your day. You may need to file paperwork, type up memos, deliver something to a nearby company, or do whatever the boss needs you to do.Read More...
If you want to have the job of an office helper, you should have some specific skillset that will allow you to handle any of the tasks that come your way. Being able to use a computer efficiently will go a long way to completing most of your tasks. If you are proficient in different programs like Word or Excel, you will be able to quickly pick up on most tasks you are assigned. Being a fast typist would be a big plus so that you can complete things quickly. Also being good at filing, organizing, and reading paperwork would make you a valuable asset.
There really are no set minimum requirements to acquire this job. Every office will be different, and it is often more important that you have plenty of different skills to offer. However, many offices prefer an employee with a bachelor’s degree in a related field. (Copyright 2017 PayScale.com)
Office Helper Tasks
- Answer phones, direct calls and take messages.
- Operate office machines; photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing and database systems.
- Open, sort and route incoming mail, answer correspondence and prepare outgoing mail.
- Complete and mail bills, contracts, policies, invoices and checks.